Happiness is often referred to as ‘the elusive butterfly’ and that’s because we’re not really sure what it is, where to find it or what it should feel like when we do. To compensate for not owning that special feeling we spend our lives trying to do things that will distract us from the pain we feel in the pit of our stomach. We work too hard, watch too much television, spend too much money, sit for hours in front of a computer, drink too much, have sex with the wrong people and the list goes on.
So what can you do today to catch this ‘elusive butterfly’? Here are 5 principles that have worked really well for me. I’m not saying that I have this happiness thing completely figured out but I am making progress.
* start looking at every obstacle as hidden opportunity
* don’t compare yourself to anyone else – know what really turns YOU on
* understand that as you grow the things that make you happy change – don’t hold on to the past
* know that inner happiness can’t be taken away – it’s your gift to yourself
* in place of distractions do things that touch your heart
Real Cougar Women are smart, confident independent and proud.
They have stopped listening to other people and now turn inside to get the
answers they are seeking. Happiness is a gift you give yourself and when
you figure out the secret, nobody can take that gift away.