I am constantly in awe of the extraordinary gift God has given me. We all receive God’s gifts in different ways. Some are during particular times throughout our life, others are unexpected, and some have the tendency to go unnoticed. For me, the most significant gift was my children. It was as if God knew what I would need to give me purpose, develop my passion and awaken my spirit. The joy that my children brought flushed out the pain of my own childhood and gave me a chance to do better or make their childhood as I thought it should be. I believe in order to accomplish something as brilliant as the light of the sun, that ability must come from God, as it is God who created the sun just as God created us. Taking care, skill and nurturing God’s gift is the way to show our appreciation for it. Here are five ways to accomplish this with your children.
- Instead of denying your children what you may have been denied as a child or at some point in your life, work diligently to give them the exact things you needed most.
- Take time to teach balance as well as boundaries. In addition, make sure they appreciate the blessings bestowed upon them by God, as there are many.
- Encourage them to believe in their dreams and go after any goal they desire with faith and effort, as it is God who will make it possible.
- Understand that it is your actions that can cultivate an environment where love towards one another is radiant, rather than pitting one child against the other to fight for your favor or love in the darkness.
- Show them how to return inspiration to this universe instead of depleting it out of greed and selfishness.
I realized that God hands us mighty gifts. The gift of children is but one as I have seen and heard the gift of music lift the soul, culinary skills inspire the palette, the depths of art reach hidden passions, and dance releases positive energy. Intellect raises the bar, kindness offers a cure for sadness, and athleticism breeds a competitive spirit and so on and so forth as the gifts given to each of us are what God believed we needed.
If you’ve not found your gift, drop to your knees and ask God to reveal it with clarity and then go inward to find it. Once you do, treasure it as it is just for you!
Inspiration by my family and I:
Available on Amazon
3 thoughts on “Do You Know What Your Gift Is?”
WONDERFUL MIND BEFORE THE CREATOR. YOUR LINE IS SIMPLY APPRECIATION- MEANING THANKGIVING TO GOD FOR ALL HE HAS GIVING YOU.GOD BLESS YOU.IJN
Thank you for taking time to read this article! I’m glad it touches you the way it was meant to. xo
Ms. Scott thank you for always sharing your gift, wisdom and knowledge. This word from you is exactly what I needed today. I thank god for you and your such a blessing to me as well as many others. Thank you again. Hope