When it comes to those days where nothing seems to be going the way you need it, don’t worry, things will improve once you change your way of thinking. It helps when you step back and allow whatever is unavoidable to happen, especially since it was going to take place regardless. If you did whatever you could to avoid it, but it didn’t make a difference, let it go. Hanging on to what you can’t control will only hurt you. It doesn’t mean accept failure or submit to the problem at hand, it simply means release the burden at that moment so you can gather your thoughts, compose yourself, and take time to rethink the situation or create another strategy.
How do you release it?
- Take time to learn how to solve the problem instead of becoming a part of it.
- Discuss the situation with someone you trust who gives unbiased and solid advice that will help diffuse your negative mindset.
- Don’t discuss a negative situation with negative people.
- Step back and take in a breath of fresh air. Go to a movie, listen to music, meditate or do something calming that will help recalibrate your way of thinking.
- Look at all sides rather than just yours and give an honest evaluation.
- Understand that it’s not the end, especially if you are looking for a positive resolution.
Overreacting can make things worse and talking about it while you are upset is a sure way to overshare thoughts that you may regret later. There’s a lot more you have to do so learn to accept that you cannot control, fix or stop every situation. Sometimes, in that moment it’s hard to believe that it will be okay, but it will.